Personally Safe’s Handgun Fundamentals course covers all aspects of safe handgun ownership and use.
This course is oriented at those with little to no experience with handguns, but is very useful for those with an informal training background who want to brush up on their safety practices, shooting skills, and maintenance habits.
The course will cover:
- Safety rules and how to apply them
- Manual of arms for various types of handguns
- Choosing the right ammunition
- How property load and unload a handgun
- Shooting techniques
- Dealing with malfunctions
- Range etiquette
- Legal and practical aspects of purchasing, selling, storing and transporting guns
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Handgun and accessory shopping guidance
For small groups, including private groups, the content can easily be tailored to specific needs that the students want to focus on.
$115 / person
None! You don’t need to know how to use handguns or even own one to take this course. You may use our firearms.
There is no hard age limit. Responsible minors may attend provided they have an adult parent or legal guardian accompanying them who can provide them full time supervision for the duration of the course. Please seek advance permission before scheduling.
We do not accept students or supervising parents/guardians who are legally prohibited from gun possession in Minnesota. If you are not sure if you are, contact me to discuss.
It will depend on the class size and breadth of topic coverage desired by the students. For small groups, the class will take 3-4 hours including the range trip.
Classroom – About two thirds of the class will take place in the classroom. Printed materials will be provided.
Travel to range – We’ll all travel to the range on our own.
Live Fire Range – The remainder of the time will be at a range applying the skills learned in the classroom. Live fire will include use of .22 caliber pistols and, if the student desires, larger caliber pistols.
What to Bring?
- Pen or pencil if you like to take notes
- Eye and ear protection, if you own it. It’s always best for students to use the gear they’re comfortable with. If you don’t have any, we will have some available to loan to you. If we do not have enough some ranges will loan to your at no cost. Others will charge a rental fee.
- If you have your own handgun, feel free to bring it, UNLOADED and CASED with any magazines containing ammunition removed from the handgun itself. If possible, leave these in your vehicles for the classroom portion of the course.
- If you want to shoot a larger caliber handgun, either one provided by us, or one of your own, bring about 100 rounds of standard pressure ammunition. If you don’t have your own handgun, bring 9mm ammunition.
To schedule private training, propose a schedule public course, or ask question call or email us.
|There are presently no scheduled classes.|